Gluten free Vanilla cupcakes. These gluten free vanilla cupcakes are so easy to make and topped with a smooth vanilla buttercream. These cupcakes are so simple but so stunning and delicious.
Just because you are gluten free doesn't mean that you have to miss out. These cupcakes are perfect for any celebration and won't disappoint as even people who are not gluten free can't tell the difference which means everyone can enjoy. Topped with smooth delicious buttercream and decorated with your favorite sprinkles will look and taste stunning.
Dairy and Gluten free cupcake recipe
That’s no problem this is easily adapted If you require it to be dairy free also. Just switch the Butter to your preferred dairy free spread. So no reason for you to miss out.
Get free recipes straight to your inbox
Gluten free Vanilla Cupcakes
- 200 g Self Raising flour (Gluten Free)
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 200 g Butter or Margarine (Use dairy free spread if required)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 300 g Icing sugar (Sieved)
- 250 g Butter (Room Temperature)
- 2 tablespoon Double cream
- few drops Vanilla essence
- Sprinkles if desired
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/225°F/Gas Mark 3. Prepare 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter/marg together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in all the remaining sponge ingredients until fully combined.
- Divide between the 12 muffin cases filling to around half way. Depending on the size of your muffin cases you might have a little leftover mixture you can use for more cupcakes cakes
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. insert a skewer into cake after this time if it comes out clean its ready if not leave it in a slightly longer. (Times may vary slightly dependent on oven). Transfer to cooling rack and leave to cool.
- Beat butter until almost white and fluffy. I recommend using electric beater for this but can be done with a wooden spoon with some work.
- Add sieved Icing sugar gradually until combined. then add double cream and vanilla essence. Mix until light and fluffy
- Place buttercream into piping bag with your preferred piping tip and then swirl on top. Top with your preferred sprinkles if desired. You could also add a few drops of food coloring if you desire colored icing.
NOTE: Always check that all your ingredients are gluten free. Some cake decorations may contain gluten.
STORAGE: This can be stored in an airtight container for you to enjoy for up to 5 days.
FREEZING: The sponge can be frozen in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Then add icing once defrosted.
Gluten free flour: Any gluten free self raising flour will work well with this recipe. I used Doves freee from as this is my preferred flour.
Check out my other recipes
This page contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchase's made through these links.