If you are a huge chocolate lover like me or looking to get some chocolate gifts for your gluten free friend and wondering what chocolates are gluten free. Then this is the go-to gluten free chocolate guide for you.
When I first started a gluten free diet it was so difficult wrapping my head around all the information. When I sadly found out that some of my favorite chocolate bars and candy contained gluten, I was not going to be defeated and soon dived in to find out Is chocolate gluten free, what chocolate contained gluten, and what chocolate is gluten free!
DISCLAIMER - All gluten-free chocolate guides below are for informational purposes and were correct at the time of publishing based on chocolate sold in the UK the gluten free status may vary based on where in the world you live. Always read the labels to ensure that the chocolate is gluten free. Allergens should always be included and stated on the label.
Use the jump to links below to help navigate quickly to your chosen chocolate
- Is chocolate gluten free
- Gluten free Cadbury chocolate
- Is Lindt chocolate gluten free
- Is Galaxy chocolate gluten free
- Mars Brands that are gluten free
- Is Nestlé chocolate gluten free
- Is Ferrero gluten free
- Which boxed chocolates are gluten free
- Gluten free baking with chocolate
- Gluten free chocolate guide
Is chocolate gluten free
Chocolate such as dark, milk, and white chocolate in its purest form is gluten free. Although some brands add additional ingredients that contain gluten or be produced in a factory that handles gluten products. This means that it is no longer gluten-free or have may contain gluten or traces of gluten warning on the packaging.
Gluten free Cadbury chocolate
Cadbury is a huge producer of a variety of chocolate products from chocolate bars to drinking Hot chocolate. Cadburys states on their website "All of our gluten absent products are individually labeled on the Products page." So you might be wondering is Cadbury chocolate gluten free?
Below is a list of Cadburys gluten free Chocolate.
- Fry's Turkish Delight
- Curly Wurly
- Curly Wurly Squrlies
- Fudge minis
- Twirl Bites
- Wispa Gold
- Bitsa Wispa
- Creme Egg
- Eclairs Velvets
- Mini Eggs
- White Buttons
- Freddo Faces
- Caramel Nibbles
Cadburys drinking chocolate that is gluten free
- Bournville drinking chocolate
- Cadburys drinking chocolate
- Freddo drinking chocolate
- Highlights dark chocolate
- Highlights Fudge
- Highlights milk chocolate
- Instant Hot Chocolate
- Wispa Drinking chocolate
Is Lindt chocolate gluten free
Lindt is a popular choice for chocolate and makes a huge variety of chocolate bars and boxes of chocolates that make the perfect gifts. According to Lindt's website, they say "Here at Lindt we know how important it is to have gluten-free chocolate that doesn't compromise on taste." So you might be wondering is Lindt chocolate gluten free?
Below is a list of some of the most popular Lindt gluten free chocolate bars
- Lindt EXCELLENCE Dark Chocolate
- Lindt EXCELLENCE Dark Sea Salt Bar
- Lindt EXCELLENCE Dark Caramel & Sea Salt Bar
- Dark Chocolate with Honeycomb Pieces
- LES GRANDES White Almond Bar
- Fine Dark Chocolate with Caramelised Coconut Flakes
- Fine Dark Chocolate with Cranberries, Almonds, and Hazelnuts
- White Chocolate with Natural Vanilla Flavour
- Milk Chocolate with Cocoa
- LINDOR White Bar
- HELLO Salted Caramel Bar
Is Galaxy chocolate gluten free
Galaxy is part of the Mars brand. They have beautiful silky chocolate bars and are a much-loved brand and popular in the UK. So you might be wondering is Galaxy chocolate gluten free?
Below is a list of Galaxys gluten free Chocolate.
- Galaxy Smooth Milk bar
- Galaxy Minstrels
- Galaxy Instant Hot Chocolate Drink
Vegan and Gluten Free
- Galaxy Vegan Instant Hot Chocolate Drink
- Galaxy Caramel and Sea salt Bar
- Galaxy Caramelised Hazelnut Bar
- Galaxy Crumbled Cookie Bar
- Galaxy Smooth Orange Bar
- Galaxy Smooth Mint Bar
Mars Brands that are gluten free
Mars is a worldwide brand making lots of products from chewing gum to Snickers chocolate and many more. So you might be wondering is Mars chocolate gluten free?
Below is a list of Mars gluten free Chocolate
- Snickers Bars
- SNICKERS 2 To Go Almond Candy Bar
- Snickers Peanut Butter Bars
- Snickers White chocolate bars
- Bounty Milk chocolate bar
- M&M's Peanut pouch * Note: All M&Ms manufactured in Australia may contain wheat starch and not gluten free
- M and M's Chocolate pouch
- M&M Brownie Chocolate bag
- DOVE Dark Chocolate Bar
- DOVE Milk Chocolate Bar
- American Heritage Chocolate tablet bars
- Milky Way Caramel Chocolate Bar
Get notified of New Gluten-free recipes and Guides
Is Nestlé chocolate gluten free
Nestle is a huge international brand that provides products from water, cereal, and chocolate just to name a few. So you might be wondering is Nestle chocolate gluten free? I have been researching what chocolate products that are gluten free at Nestle. You can also check out their full guide to special dietry needs.
Below is a list of the Nestlé gluten free chocolate
- Areo Bars
- Areo Milk chocolate Bubbles
- Areo Caramel Bar
- After Eight mints
- After Eight Orange mints
- Animal Bar
- Milkybar Giant White Chocolate Buttons
- Milkybar Milk & Crunchy
- Milkybar Giant Buttons Milkshake
- Milkybar Buttons original
- Walnut Whip
Is Ferrero gluten free
Ferrero is a large brand that produces lots of products from chocolates, Tic Tacs and spreads. Some of which is gluten free and some which are not. I have put together a list of products that are gluten free from Ferrero.
Below is a list of the Ferrero gluten free items
- Ferrero Rocher Original chocolate bar
- Ferrero Rocher Dark chocolate bar
- Ferrero Rocher White chocolate bar
- Nutella Chocolate spread
- Tic Tacs
- Kinder Surprise
- Kinder Chocolate bar * see note below.
- Kinder Chocolate mini
- Kinder Schoko-bons
- Thorntons toffee and fudge
Note: kinder chocolate bar with cereals is not gluten free as it contains barley and wheat. To see a full range of allergens you can check ferrero product range.
Which boxed chocolates are gluten free
I have been researching chocolates that are gluten free. This list should make it easier when you are looking for a box of chocolates that are gluten free.
Below is a list of gluten free chocolate boxes
- Cadbury Milk Tray
- Cadbury Heroes
- Cadbury Roses
- Lindt EXCELLENCE Tasting Collection Box
- Lindt LINDOR White Chocolate Truffles
- Lindt LINDOR Strawberries & Cream Chocolate Truffles
- Quality Street Tub
- Quality Street Orange Matchmakers Box
- Quality Street Mint Matchmakers Box
- Quality Street Honeycomb Matchmakers Box
- Toblerone Chocolate Assortment
- Black Magic boxed chocolates
- Greens & Blacks organic collection
Gluten free baking with chocolate
When baking gluten free it is essential that the chocolate used in the recipes does not contain gluten to ensure that the Chocolate cakes or Brownies remain gluten free. I always use chocolate without gluten in the ingredients list.
Below is a list of gluten free melting chocolate
- American Heritage Finely Grated Baking Chocolate
- Lindt COOKING Dark Bar
- Lindt COOKING Chocolate Bar
- Green & Black Organic cooking chocolate
- Dr Oetker Cooks chocolate
Many store brands are also gluten free. Always read the label to be sure that you are getting chocolate with no gluten ingredients or warnings on the packaging.
Other Gluten free Guides you might like
- What alcohol is gluten free
- Are cornflour and cornstarch gluten free
- What is gluten free at Starbucks
- What Easter eggs are gluten free
Yes, The chocolate, peanut, and Brownie M and Ms do not have any gluten-containing ingredients on the packaging in the Uk and USA. Although the Crispy M&Ms contain barley malt extract and are not gluten-free. M&Ms made in Australia are sadly not gluten free as they contain wheat starch and are not gluten free.
Ferrero rocher golden chocolates are not gluten free as they contain wheat flour. Although you can still enjoy the Ferrero rocher milk chocolate bar, Dark chocolate bar, and white chocolate bar as they have no gluten-containing ingredients on the packaging.
Gluten free chocolate guide
I hope you have found this gluten free Chocolate guide helpful and it has answered some of your questions regarding what chocolate is gluten free. I would like to continue to update and add to this guide.
So feel free to leave a comment below or contact me over on Instagram if you have any further questions or want me to investigate and add other brands to the are chocolates gluten free list that I may have missed.