If you are looking for more information on Frankie and Benny's gluten free menu or what are they doing to reduce cross-contamination then we have this covered following our recent visit to find out what is gluten free.
Frankie and Benny's was founded in 1995 and has been branded as an Italian-American-themed restaurant. It is known for its Burgers, Pasta, and pizza dishes.
Disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes and the information provided was correct at the time of publishing for Frankie and Bennys. It is important to contact your local Frankie and Bennys to discuss any concerns before consuming any food or check out their menu and filter by link to their allergen info.
Frankie and Benny's Gluten Free Menu
They offer a gluten-free lunch menu as well as the main menu.
- Fully Loaded Potato Skins
- Pizza - The topping choices are pepperoni, BBQ chicken, and Margherita. (They state on their menu that "Your GF pizza should arrive uncut. If your pizza arrives pre-cut please speak to your server".
- New York BBQ Chicken
- Sirloin Steak
- Smoky Ultimate BBQ Ribs
- Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Pastas - The pasta is made with gluten-free fusilli the pasta choices are Creamy Chicken & ‘Nduja, Bolognese, Carbonara, and Arrabbiata.
- Burgers - The burgers are served on a gluten-free bun with a jacket potato. The options are Classic Beef, Classic Cheese, and Double Bacon Cheese.
- Dips - Garlic & Herb, Red French, and Blue Cheese.
Gluten Free Kid's menu is also available if your child has coeliac disease.
Gluten Free Side Dishes
- Jacket Potato
- Garlic Broccolini
- Cajun Grilled Corn
- Side Salad with garlic & herb dressing
Note: Fries are not gluten free as they are cooked in the same oil as gluten containing foods and is not listed on the gluten free menu.
Gluten Free Desserts & Shakes
- Ice Cream - The choices are Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint Choc Chip, and Vegan Choc Chip.
- Brownie & Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Shakes - Choices are Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Salted Caramel and Vegan Choc Chip.
Frankie and Benny's states on the website "Where we offer a gluten free menu, controls are in place to ensure that dishes contain less than 20ppm gluten. Otherwise, we can never guarantee a dish is completely free from any allergens or specific ingredients".
Frankie and Benny's has been GF accredited by Coeliac UK and you can search specific venues on the Coeliac UK website for one near you. Coeliac UK states that "Frankie & Benny’s have one of the largest gluten free menus in the UK with 18 exciting dishes available in all their restaurants. There is something on the menu for everyone"
At my local restaurant, the server asked as soon as we sat down at our table if anyone had any dietary needs or allergies. I ordered the pepperoni pizza and brownie and ice cream. She stated that the kitchen would be made aware and my food would be prepared in a separate area to reduce cross-contamination.
More Eating Out Gluten Free Guides
Gluten Free Frankie and Benny's Review
Frankie and Benny's is making an effort to try and accommodate the gluten-free community and although there is always a risk of cross-contamination (Due to also serving food containing gluten) it's great to see them put the steps in place to try and make it as safe as they can for anyone following a gluten free diet.
I enjoyed having a good few options to choose from as this can be rare when eating out. I was confident that my server was well aware of my dietary needs and knowledgeable when asked questions regarding their procedures and how my food would be handled.
Always ask your local Frankie & Benny's what steps they have in place before ordering just be sure that they are maintaining the standard provided by Coeliac UK.
I would love to know your experience and review when ordering gluten free food from Frankie and Benny's good or bad. Please share your review in the comments below.