Navigating the escalating costs of living can be a challenge when keeping to a budget for your weekly grocery shopping. We have put together some of our favorite Cheap Gluten Free Meals and Easy Dinner Ideas as well as including insightful tips to ensure that your food shopping remains within budget.
With food costs on the rise and as we know eating gluten free can already be expensive we have rounded up our favorite cheap gluten free meals to feed a family as well as including some tips below for reducing the costs.
Making food at home-cooked dinners doesn't have to take hours and makes for a more nutritious, delicious family meal.
- ⭐ Why we love these recipes
- 🛒 Tips For Gluten Free Food on a Budget
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Gluten free Cauliflower Cheese
- Gluten Free Shepherds Pie
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Gluten Free Beef Stew
- Sausage and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- Lemon Chicken Traybake
- Gluten Free Mac and Cheese
- Gluten Free Cheese and Onion Quiche
- Burger In a Bowl
- ❓ Gluten Free On A Budget FAQs
- 📖 More Recipe Collections
- 💬 Comments
⭐ Why we love these recipes
- Gluten Free - All recipes are made using gluten free ingredients without breaking the bank or sacrificing quality and flavor.
- Cost Effective Ingredients - Using lots of pantry staples and seasonal produce makes for delicious fresh cheap gluten free meals.
- Variety - Recipes to suit other dietary needs such as dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
- Home-Cooked Comfort Food - These recipes are perfect for those winter months when you are craving those hearty dinners.
- Easy Dinner Recipes - All recipes include easy step-by-step instructions with substitution and variation suggestions.
🛒 Tips For Gluten Free Food on a Budget
As the price of food has increased and the price of gluten free food sky high it can be difficult to keep food cost down and I have added some steps into my weekly meal planning to help reduce the cost.
Following these tips, you can prepare delicious and cheap gluten free meals that won't break the bank.
- Opt for Naturally Gluten Free Foods - This may seem obvious, but one of the easiest ways to save money on a gluten free diet is to include lots of naturally gluten free ingredients. Whole foods like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, legumes, and rice are naturally free from gluten. These items not only offer a budget-friendly alternative but also contribute to a well-balanced and nutritious diet.
- Meal Planning - Planning your meals in advance can help you make the most of your budget. Create a weekly or monthly meal plan, considering ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes. With a well-thought-out plan, you'll be less likely to overspend on impulse purchases, ensuring you have all the necessary gluten-free ingredients on hand.
- Buy in Bulk - Purchasing gluten-free staples in bulk can significantly reduce the overall cost of your meals. Items like rice, quinoa, gluten-free oats, and dried legumes are often available in larger quantities at lower prices. Be sure to store these items properly to maintain freshness and extend their shelf life.
- Take Advantage of Frozen Produce - Fresh fruits and vegetables can be costly, especially when out of season. Opt for frozen varieties instead, as they are often more affordable and have a longer shelf life. Frozen produce is just as nutritious as fresh, making it a smart choice for budget-conscious gluten-free meal planning.
- Using Leftovers - Reduce food waste by storing leftovers or having them for lunch or dinner the next day. Whether it's adding yesterday's grilled chicken into a fresh salad or transforming roasted vegetables into a hearty soup, leftovers can be a versatile asset that will not only save money but also reduce food waste.
These Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas from Fit As a Mama Bear using homemade spice seasoning are gluten free, dairy free, and paleo. Made in the slow cooker making it the perfect weeknight meal.
This Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Chew Out Loud is a delicious Mexican-inspired meal using rice and all made in one pot. It is such a comforting dish with all the flavors of traditional enchiladas without the tortillas.
This cauliflower cheese made with a creamy, cheesy flourless sauce makes a perfect meat-free and cheap main dish that is the ideal comfort food for those dark cold days. Serve accompanied by your preferred seasonal vegetables, cottage fries, and roast or mashed potatoes.
This Gluten Free Shepherd's Pie is a homely family dinner that is perfect in the colder months. Made with a layer of ground lamb or beef, diced vegetables in gravy topped with creamy mashed potatoes.
Pasta Alla Norma from Natasha's Home is packed full of flavor from the fresh ingredients and if you are a fan of eggplant then this is the recipe for you. Use your preferred gluten free pasta to make this gluten free.
This Gluten Free Beef Stew is the ultimate budget friendly dinner to feed a family and is easily adaptable to use your preferred fresh seasonal vegetables. Making this a great winter family meal.
These Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs from Kim and Kalee are perfect if you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight recipe. They are so tender and full of flavor and ready in only 15 minutes. Serve as they are or accompany them with your favorite sauce.
4 Ingredient Chickpeas dinner recipe from Frugal Nutrition is a gluten free and vegan cheap meal. packed full of flavor takes very little effort to make and is ready to serve within 25 minutes.
This Gluten Free Meatloaf recipe from Pure and Simple Nourishment is gluten free and dairy free. This moist, flavorful meatloaf is made without breadcrumbs and uses pantry staples is so easy to make and I guarantee that all the family will enjoy it.
Lemon Chicken Traybake
This Lemon Chicken Traybake is full of fresh flavors and is so easy to make. Its easily adaptable to add your favorite seasonal vegetables. All made in one pan this baked lemon chicken is sure to be a hit.
This Gluten Free Macaroni Cheese requires only a few ingredients with no need for flour. Great if you are looking for a quick, easy, cheap gluten free meal that the kids will love!
This Burger in a Bowl from Wholesome Yum is ready in only 15 minutes and is packed full of flavor and loaded with fresh salad topped with a delicious burger sauce. A great way to satisfy those burger cravings is with this budget-friendly healthier option.
❓ Gluten Free On A Budget FAQs
Use herbs, spices, and condiments like garlic, onion, cumin, paprika, and gluten free soy sauce to add depth and flavor without breaking the bank.
Seasonal vegetables like carrots, broccoli, cabbage, and bell peppers are often affordable and can be added into various gluten free dishes.
Look for sales and discounts on gluten free staples, buy in bulk or seasonal produce when possible, and plan meals that use common ingredients to minimize costs.
📖 More Recipe Collections
This collection of cheap gluten free meals is perfect for keeping the costs down while feeding your family delicious nutritious food.
These cheap gluten free dinner recipes are ideal whether you're looking for some gluten free on a budget ideas or looking for some dinner inspiration. Give them a try and see for yourself just how tasty they are!