Theres always a good reason to have cake or I will always find a reason to have cake! So it just made sense that I should share the best Gluten Free Cake Recipes that I love making time and time again. From gluten free chocolate cake, lemon cake, red velvet and many more!
If you are looking for a gluten free birthday cake, sheet cake or needing some inspiration for gluten free cake ideas you are sure to find a recipe for a cake here that you will love.
I have put together some of my favorite gluten free cake ideas. You are sure to find the best gluten free cake recipe for your event from easy gluten free cake recipes or a showstopping gluten free birthday cake.
I love putting together a collection of my favorite recipes like No bake gluten free recipes, gluten free picnic ideas , and gluten free easter recipes.
⭐ Why we love these recipes
- Full of flavor - A great range of flavors including chocolate cakes, lemon cakes and cakes that include raspberries.
- So many choices - Ranging from gluten free birthday cake ideas to easy sheet cakes.
- Look stunning - All cakes look beautiful and are a feast for the eyes. Any one of these gluten free cake recipes will be impressive on any dessert table.
- Gluten free - All cake recipes are gluten free and some have dairy free & vegan options included and be easily customized to suit different dietary needs or preferences.
💡 Gluten Free Baking Tips
Baking gluten-free can be a bit of a trial-and-error process, so don't be discouraged or be afraid to try. I have put together some tips below that will be helpful if you are just starting to bake gluten free.
- Gluten Free Flour – Use a blend of Gluten free flours. Common blends include of Rice, Potato, Tapioca, Maize, and Buckwheat flour. Popular brands are King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour, Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour and Doves Farm Gluten Free flour.
- Add binding agents - Gluten-free flours lack the elasticity that gluten provides, so it's important to add binding agents like xanthan gum, psyllium husk, or guar gum to help the batter hold together and create a more cohesive texture.
- Be mindful of liquids - Gluten-free flours absorb liquid differently than wheat flour, so it's essential to be mindful of the amount of liquid you use. Add liquid gradually and mix well to avoid ending up with a batter that's too runny or too dry.
- Let the batter rest - Some recipes call for giving the gluten free cake batter time to rest for 15-30 minutes as this can help the flours absorb the liquid, making for a more consistent and cohesive batter.
- Kitchen Scales - Using digital scales is recommended when baking. I always measure using scales and grams as baking is a science. When baking gluten-free it is essential to weigh out ingredients to get the best results! There is no need to purchase expensive digital scales and you can find them available cheaply online. (Although for small amounts spoon measurements will work fine)
- Oven Temperatures - Your oven temperature may be slightly different. As all ovens vary in temperature and the baking time is used as a guide. Some ovens run hotter than others. You could invest in an oven thermometer to be more accurate.
🎂 Gluten-Free Birthday Cake
Gluten free Chocolate Layer Cake
This gluten-free chocolate layer cake with ganache frosting is the perfect choice for those chocolate fans! Each layer is rich, moist, and chocolatey, making every bite a heavenly delight. The ganache frosting is a perfect complement, adding a smooth and creamy texture to the cake.
If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind cake for a birthday celebration. This Russian honey layer cake, also known as Medovik tort, is sure to impress! thin layers of honey cake, with a light and fluffy whipped sour cream frosting in between. The result is a cake that is both decadently soft and satisfyingly sweet.
Gluten free Victoria Sponge
A classic British dessert, this gluten-free Victoria sponge cake has two layers of light and fluffy sponge cake, sandwiched together with a layer of delicious jam and whipped cream. This makes for a simple but delicious gluten free birthday cake that can be decorated with fresh berries.
Gluten free Milk Bar Cake
This milk bar cake from Well Fed Baker is not only gluten free but also a dairy free twist on the Momofuku milk bar’s birthday layer cake. With its funfetti cake layers and cream cheese frosting not only does it taste amazing but looks magical making it such a dreamy birthday cake.
Gluten Free Lemon Cake
This gluten free lemon cake from What The Fork is not only beautiful but will make the best birthday cake for anyone who loves fresh lemon flavors. Made with layers of moist soft lemon cake filled with lemon curd and decorated in a smooth cream cheese frosting.
🍰 Gluten Free Sheet Cake
Gluten Free Chocolate Sheet Cake
Ready to indulge in the ultimate chocolate dessert experience with this chocolate sheet cake recipe! With a decadent and moist chocolate cake, which is then topped with a crunchy chocolate crumble topping. As if that wasn't enough, we've added pockets of gooey chocolate chips throughout the cake.
Gluten Free Vanilla Traybake
This gluten free Vanilla Traybake is a simple yet delicious dessert that's perfect for parties or to serve at large gatherings. Its so soft and fluffy and topped with an easy vanilla icing with lots of sprinkles no one can tell its gluten free!
Gluten Free Banana Cake
If you are looking for a way to use u those ripe bananas then this gluten free banana cake is just the treat. The cake is moist and flavorful, thanks to the use of ripe, sweet bananas and the cinnamon cream cheese frosting which is rich, tangy flavor, and perfectly complements the sweetness of the bananas.
Gluten Free Red Velvet Cake
This gluten free red velvet cake from Cuisine And Travel is Keto and gluten free. The sheet cake is so moist and fluffy and topped with a delicious smooth cream cheese frosting. Definetly makes a next level sheet cake that will definetly impress!
Chocolate Strawberry Cake
This chocolate strawberry cake from Avocado Skillet is not only gluten free but also vegan. Its so easy to make and uses ingredients that are healthier alternatives. Such a great choice for those who love chocolate cake and to top it off has a delcious cream cheese frosting topped with fresh strawberries.
🍒 Cakes with Fresh fruit flavors
Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Sheet Cake
This gluten free lemon cake is a perfect choice for a fresh and bright spring or summer dessert. With fresh and zesty lemon flavors, and its light and fluffy texture is perfectly complemented by the tangy sweetness of fresh lemon. Topped with an easy lemonade icing.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake
This gluten free pumpkin cake if packed full of those warm and cosy fall flavors. Made with a soft and fluffy pumpkin cake layered and topped with smooth cream cheese frosting and adding chopped walnut gives a delightful crunch and a touch of earthy flavor.
Black Forest Cake
This flourless black forest cake from Faithfully Gluten Free is such a treat. With delicious chocolate cake layers, Sweet whipped cream drizzled in a delicous homemade cherry pie filling makes far a mouth watering and impressive dessert.
Lemon Raspberry Cake
This lemon raspberry cake from Eating Gluten and Dairy Free is gluten free and dairy free. It has a delicous combination of a soft moist zesty lemon flavored cake filled with fresh raspberries and smooth buttercream frosting. The cake full of fresh flavors will be a hit with all the family!
Pear and Raspberry Cake
This pear and raspberry cake from Its Not Complicated Recipes is jam packed with flavor from the juicy sweet pears, fresh raspberries and complimented beautifully in the almond cake and then topped with sliced almonds. It looks simple and elegant and tastes amazing which will soon make it a family favorite!
❓ Gluten free Cake FAQs
Tips for making a gluten free bakes and cakes light and fluffy are using the gluten free flour blend recommending in the recipe, adding gums such as xanthan gum will help bind the cake and prevent it from crumbling, sdd leavening agents such as gluten free baking powder and baking soda. Always follow the instructions of the gluten free recipe for best results.
It's a good idea to let your gluten-free batter rest for 15-30 minutes before baking. Resting the batter allows the gluten-free flours to fully absorb the liquid ingredients, which can help to improve the texture of the finished product.
When baking gluten-free, it's often best to use a blend of different flours in order to achieve the desired texture and flavor. Many gluten-free baking recipes will call for a specific blend of flours such as King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour, Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour and Doves Farm Gluten Free flour.
There are a few reasons a cake made gluten free falls apart. It's important to use a combination of gluten-free flours and other binding ingredients such as xanthan gum to help bind ingredients and give the cake structure, Cooling the cake too quickly let the cake cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing it. These are just a couple of examples.
📖 More Recipe Collections
This collection of gluten-free cakes recipes is perfect for a family gathering or a birthday celebration, these cake recipes are an excellent option. Not only are they delectable, but they also come in a variety of flavors, making them perfect for anyone's taste preferences. These recipes are ideal whether you're looking for a layered cake or a simple cake.
Give them a try and see for yourself how stunning and delicious they are!
Did you make this recipe? I would love to hear from you!