Gluten free Blondie recipe. This Gluten free Blondie recipe is so easy and makes perfectly moist delicious blondie squares. Using melted white chocolate and brown sugar gives them a lush texture with that won't disappoint. No one will even guess its gluten free.
Blondies often referred to as an alternative to the richness of brownies. I think have been fairly underrated as the flavor and texture is so good in their own right. They deserve a place at any dessert table and great for any party or event.
Dairy and Gluten free Blondies
That's no problem. This recipe is easily adapted for dairy free as it uses oil instead of butter you can just switch out the white chocolate for your favorite dairy free white chocolate. So need for you to miss out.
This recipe does not require any special equipment. You can use a hand whisk and only require to use the hob and non stick pan to melt the chocolate. If required you could also melt the chocolate in the microwave. I also used a lined 8X8 Baking tin.Prestige 8 Inch Square Cake Pan, steel, Black
- Gluten Free Flour – I used a shop bought Gluten free flour blend from Doves Farm Freee from range. Which is a flour blend of Rice, Potato, Tapioca, Maize and Buckwheat flour. I have had reports that others have used Bob’s Red Mill and other Gluten free All purpose blends with my recipes that have worked well. I would love to know what flour blends worked for you. So feel free to get in touch by leaving a comment below or you can contact me directly.
- Kitchen Scales - Using digital scales is recommended when baking. I always measure using scales and in grams as baking is a science. When baking gluten free it is essential to weigh out ingredients to get the best results! There is no need to purchase expensive digital scales and you can find them available cheaply online.
- Oven Temperatures - Your oven temperature may be slightly different. As all ovens vary in temperature and the baking time is used as a guide. Some ovens run hotter than others. You could invest in an oven thermometer to be more accurate.
GET FREE RECIPES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Gluten free Blondie Recipe
Nutritional information is meant as a guideline and all information is approximate.
- 8x8 baking tin
- 130 grams Plain Flour (Gluten Free)
- 100 grams Brown sugar
- 100 grams Granulated Sugar
- 120 ml Vegetable Oil
- 70 grams White Chocolate
- 60 ml water
- 2 large Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder Some brands may have ingredients that contain gluten. Always be sure to check the label.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- pinch Salt
- Extra white chocolate for decorating if desired
- Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas mark 3. Prepare baking tin with grease proof paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt and set aside.
- Gently melt chocolate with water and sugar together in non stick pan over a low/medium heat until chocolate has melted.
- Beat eggs and oil together and add vanilla then add melted chocolate mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Combine wet mixture to flour mixture folding in gently until fully combined ensuring that there are no lumps.
- Add to prepared baking tin and spread evenly. Place in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes. Checking with a skewer when it almost comes out almost clean it is ready.
- Move to cooling rack leaving Blondie in the tin to cool. Drizzle melted white chocolate to decorate if desired. when almost cool place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled cut evenly into your desired sized squares.
Nutritional information is meant as a guideline and is always an approximate calculation. Recipes may include information of various products used. It is your responsibility to check that ingredients you use when making a recipe are gluten free.
NOTE: Always check that all your ingredients are gluten free.
Variations: If desired you could add white chocolate chips into mixture for that added chocolate gooiness.
STORAGE: This can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for you to enjoy for up to 5 days.
FREEZING: The Blondies can be frozen in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Then add melted chocolate on top once defrosted.
Check out my other recipes that you might like
This page contains affiliate links to products.
We may receive a commission for purchase's made through these links.
Did you make this recipe? I would love to hear from you!