These no bake pumpkin cheesecake bars are a delicious addition to your pumpkin dessert recipe book. With a gingernut crust, topped with a creamy pumpkin spice cheesecake filling. If you are craving those fall flavors you will love these no bake pumpkin bars!
I do have a love for no-bake cheesecakes. They are just so easy to make and don't require putting on the oven and are always a crowd-pleaser.
I have a few cheesecakes like my millionaire cheesecake, gluten free strawberry cheesecake, and gluten free cheesecake that are all no-bake and regular recipes made in my kitchen, So when it's pumpkin season these no bake pumpkin bars always make an appearance.
As cheesecake filling and homemade pumpkin puree are naturally gluten free I used gluten free ginger snaps to make the base gluten-free.
Why we love this recipe
- No bake - I love that it's a no bake fall dessert and is so easy to make.
- Pumpkin dessert - This recipe is perfect with canned or homemade pumpkin puree and is full of those delicious fall flavors.
- Gluten free - The cheesecake filling is naturally gluten free and the base is easily made gluten free. I used gluten-free gingernuts for the cheesecake crust.
- Make ahead - Can be made up to 3 days in advance. Making it a perfect make-ahead fall dessert to serve at a family gathering or preparing for Thanksgiving.
- Gingernut Cookies - The flavor from the Gingernut or gingersnaps work pair well with the flavors used in the filling. Making it the ultimate combination for no bake pumpkin bars. I used gluten free gingersnap cookies to make gluten free pumpkin cheesecake. You can also use your preferred base, see my substitutions below for suggestions.
- Pumpkin Puree - This recipe can be made using canned pumpkin puree or Fresh pumpkin puree. Be sure to stain any additional liquid through a cheesecloth before adding the pumpkin puree as homemade pumpkin puree can hold more liquid. The excess liquid in the pumpkin puree can result in the cheesecake not firming up well.
- Butter - Melted butter will combine with the cookie crumbs making a delicious no-bake cheesecake crust. I used unsalted butter and melted it in the microwave.
- Full fat Cream Cheese -Always use full-fat cream cheese as the higher fat content is required for a firm setting. I made Philadelphia cream cheese pumpkin cheesecake bars as this is my preferred brand.
- Powdered sugar - AKA Icing sugar
- Heavy Cream - Also known as Double cream. This recipe requires full fat cream for the cheesecake filling to firm up.
- Vanilla extract - Adds additional flavor.
- Spices - I decided to make my own pumpkin spice as I wanted to have control over the flavor of the cheesecake filling. This recipe uses ground Cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg to add to the fall flavors and enhance the pumpkin puree.
See the recipe card below for ingredients measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Gluten free - This cheesecake filling is naturally gluten free. To make the base gluten-free use gluten free gingersnaps (That's what I used), Gluten-free gingernuts, gluten free graham style crackers of GF digestive biscuits when making the base.
- Cheesecake crust - If you don't want a ginger flavor to the cheesecake crust you can use graham crackers, digestives, or your preferred hard cookie. I have previously used different crust bases when making no-bake cheesecakes, Such as a shortbread base in my Millionaires cheesecake, and digestives in my Gluten free cheesecake.
- Serving suggestions - I topped it with creme chantilly and then drizzled it with caramel sauce but the pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect served without the cream if preferred.
Step by Step Instructions
Below is a brief step-by-step process with photos of how to make No Bake Pumpkin cheesecake bars. See the recipe card below for more detailed recipe instructions.
Step 1: Place the gingernuts in a food blender until it resembles fine crumbs. Add the crumbs to a mixing bowl. Melt the butter and add to the crumb mixture, Mix well until fully combined.
Step 2: Transfer the mixture into the tin spread it evenly, and press down firmly on the crumb mixture until it feels firm and compact in the tin. Place in the fridge to set while making the filling. I recommend leaving it to set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
Step 3: Beat cream cheese until soft, and add the powdered sugar until fully combined. Add the cream, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Beat until the mixture is smooth and thick.
Step 4: Add in the pumpkin puree and fold in until it is fully combined.
Step 5: Transfer the pumpkin cheesecake filling to the tin prepared earlier and spread it evenly and smooth it out on top of the mixture.
Step 6: Place in the fridge to set for at least 8 hours preferably overnight for best results.
Notes: Be sure to strain the pumpkin puree through a cheesecloth to remove any excess liquid. As this is a no-bake cheesecake we want to reduce any extra liquid that could result in the cheesecake not setting.
Store no bake pumpkin cheesecake bars in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes, As no bake cheesecake requires at least 8 hours in the fridge to set the pumpkin cheesecake bars are best made at least the day before serving.
Yes, As pumpkin cheesecake filling is naturally gluten free. To make the crust gluten free I used gluten free gingernuts to make gluten free pumpkin cheesecake bars.
More Pumpkin recipes
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Nutritional information is meant as a guideline and all information is approximate.
- 8 x 8 square baking tin
- Parchment paper
- Stand mixer or hand-held mixer
Pumpkin Cheesecake base
- 320 Grams Gingernut Cookies or Ginger snap cookies I used gluten free ginger snaps cookies to make gluten free pumpkin cheesecake.
- 150 Grams Unsalted Butter Melted
Pumpkin cheesecake filling
- 500 grams Full fat Cream Cheese Always use full fat cream cheese as the higher fat content is required for a firm setting. I used Philadelphia full-fat cream cheese.
- 150 grams Powdered sugar AKA Icing sugar
- 450 ml Heavy Cream AKA Double cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon All spice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 250 grams Pumpkin Puree
Optional Cream topping
- 300 ml Heavy Cream AKA Double cream
- 50 grams Powdered Sugar AKA Icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
How to make gingernut cheesecake base
- Line the bottom and sides of the 8x8 baking tin with parchment paper having a slight overhang as this will make releasing the cheesecake from the tin easier.
- Place the gingernuts in a food blender until it resembles fine crumbs. If you don't have a food blender place the gingernuts in a food bag and using a rolling pin or wooden spoon crush them until they resemble crumbs. Add the crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and add to the crumb mixture, Mix well until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the tin spread it evenly, and press down firmly on the crumb mixture until it feels firm and compact in the tin. Place in the fridge to set while making the filling. I recommend leaving it to set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
How to make Pumpkin cheesecake filling
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer beat cream cheese until soft, and add the powdered sugar until fully combined.
- Add the cream, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Beat until the mixture is smooth and thick. Be sure to stop in between to scrape the sides of the bowl to be sure that the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and fold in until it is fully combined.
- Transfer the pumpkin cheesecake filling to the tin prepared earlier and spread it evenly and smooth it out on top of the mixture. Place in the fridge to set for at least 8 hours preferably overnight for best results.
- When fully set remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and use the parchment paper to carefully lift it from the tin. Slice into your desired size of cheesecake bars.
Cream and caramel topping (Optional serving suggestion)
- Before serving sieve the powdered sugar and place the cheesecake bar on a serving plate.
- Whisk the Heavy cream, Vanilla extract, and powdered sugar together. Whisk well until the cream is smooth and is starting to thicken. Be careful not to over whisk.
- Place the cream inside a piping bag with your preferred nozzle tip and pipe on top of the pumpkin cheesecake slices and then drizzle with caramel sauce.
Nutritional information is meant as a guideline and is always an approximate calculation. Recipes may include information of various products used. It is your responsibility to check that ingredients you use when making a recipe are gluten free.
I hope you enjoyed this No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars recipe.
I would love your feedback. Please rate this recipe and leave a comment below. You can also tag me in any photos taken when trying this recipe over on my Instagram.
Hi, can I make this in a 9” springform pan or would this quantity be too little for that size pan? Thanks
Hi Protima, Yes the cheesecake can be made in a springform pan. Line the sides of the pan to make it easier to release and it will have a neater finish.